- Government Agent = 1
- Producer Agents = 100
- Consumer Agents = 110
Structural unemployment is set at nine percent of the consumer population.
Expenditures Regime 1 (1960 - 2020)
USA Real-world total managed expenditure (sum to annual) data source starting 1960, ending 2020.
U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis, Government total expenditures [W068RCQ027SBEA], retrieved from FRED, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis; https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/W068RCQ027SBEA.
Flat Rate Taxation
Set at 37% of all consumer agent income.
Expenditures Regime 2 (2021 - 2050)
Government agent funding of producer agents will increase at 4% per annum (in every model iteration that follows 2020).
Marginal Rate Taxation
A 'historical average wage' is calculated in each iteration. The 'historical average wage' is used in the current iteration to apply marginal rate taxation.
- Tax Bracket 0: No tax on a wage amount up to the first 50% of the historical average wage.
- Tax Bracket 1: Pay 60% tax on any remaining wage amount that is between 50% and 100% of the historical average wage.
- Tax Bracket 2: Pay 70% tax on any remaining wage amount that exceeds 100% of the historical average wage.
Taxation Comparison Example
Model Iteration Historical Average Wage: 36253.103 (Previous iteration).
- Consumer agent 5 is paid 40235.84.
A flat rate tax of 14887.26 would have been returned. Under marginal rate tax, 13663.85 is returned.
- Consumer agent 10 is paid 24380.53.
A flat rate tax of 9020.80 would have been returned. Under marginal rate tax, 3752.39 is returned.
- Consumer agent 8 is paid 62032.38.
A flat rate tax of 22951.98 would have been returned. Under the marginal rate tax, 28921.42 is returned.
Consumer Agent 8 Marginal Tax Return Breakdown
50% of historical average wage amount at iteration 6: (36253.103 / 2) = 18126.55
- No tax on wage amount up to the first 50% of the historical average wage amount.
- Tax on wage amount that is between 50% and 100% of the historical average wage amount (18126.55 * 60%) = 10875.93
- Tax on wage amount that exceeds 100% of the historical average wage amount ((62032.38 - 36253.10) * 70%) = 18045.49
- Proportion of disposable income: 60%
- Proportion of (agent wealth) at the opening of the period (quarter): 40%
Chart links will open a new tab. Charts not updated.
Money Supply Velocity
With Martian negotiations scheduled to begin January 2035, USA money supply velocity trends gently downwards.
The total payments returned to the government agent by consumer agents since the beginning of marginal taxation.